As a retail specialty store you build your business one client at a time, one interaction at a time. Let's look at achieving your sales goals.First you need to identify what you projected your sales increases to be this year.
- For my purposes here, and to teach you how to calculate what your add on sales item should be, I will say you were projecting a 20% increase.
- Next what is your average sale value? Again for teaching purposes, I will say $50.
Let's do the add on sales calculation:
- Take my test average sale number of $50 and multiply it by my projected sales increase of 20% . The number we come up with is $10.
- This means, in order to reach our overall year long sales projections of 20%, we will have to show each person that come into our store another item of a minimum of $10.
Now that was easy, the more difficult step is to get your staff to take ownership of your sales goals and making sure they follow through with your add-on sale program each and every time they interact with a customer.Do your own calculations. Watch out for my next tips on this subject:
- Buying and Merchandising for add on sales program success
- Teaching your staff to sell add on sales items